Emergency Housing Vouchers
A big thank you to Kristy Johnson with KC Housing Authority, Peter Lynn with KCRHA, and Alice Kimbowa with Seattle Housing Authority for sharing and celebrating the good work of our community around the Emergency Housing Voucher’s (EHVs). Stay tuned for an upcoming Request for Proposals (RFP) that will provide money for services for the EHV’s.
We had a powerful and informative training on Naloxone/Narcan. Wenye Dang, PharmD, Pharmacy Resident with Kelley-Ross Pharmacy Group provided facts about Naloxone/Narcan, how to recognize an overdose, how to use this life-saving medication, and you can GET NALOXONE! to help save lives. A real world perspective on what it’s like to use Naloxone/Narcan was given by staff from REACH and Public Health’s Robert Clewis Drug User Health Clinic. They shared their expertise, how to be more comfortable administering the medication, and the importance of ensuring everyone has access to Naloxone/Narcan.
Support Wage Equity
Jason Austin from the Seattle Human Services Coalition presented on their Raising Wages for Changing Lives Campaign. Sign on to the letter in support of wage equity! This campaign recognizes that “human service workers are significantly underpaid and . . . this perpetuates poverty and racial inequity”
Upcoming Trainings and Meetings
Public Benefits are Key! TANF & Work First on June 30th from 9-11am.
Mindfulness in Real Life! Tuesday, June 28th, 3 – 4:30 p.m. (focus on self/community care & to practice mindfulness)
You Don’t Need a Home to be a Voter! training for service providers on Tuesday July 12th from 3-4:30pm
- The Babies of Homelessness board is recruiting new board members to our team. If you know anyone who aligns with our mission and would make a fabulous engaged board member, please help spread the word. Looking for persons with lived experience, nonprofit experience and/or has expertise in a specific skillset. All interested inquires can email Angela, Board Chair.
- Resource Fair at the Compass Center, located at 77 S Washington, in Pioneer Square on Wednesday, July 13th, 2022 from 10-2pm! This time this Resource Fair is going to be our biggest yet with over 30 vendors participating including free haircuts courtesy of the Beyond Project, Seattle Veterinary Outreach, Public Health, DSHS, Orca cards, insurance, cell phones and so much more!
- Public Health — Seattle & King County is offering sponsorship to organizations that have community health worker staff or volunteers to offset the organizations’ cost for their participation in the following training opportunities.
- Washington Department of Health Core Competency Training: This is a 10-week core competency training program that provides content and practice on the fundamental skills, knowledge, and abilities for community health workers.
- Washington Department of Health Continuing Education Health Specific Modules (HSMs): For CHWs that complete the WA DOH Core Competency Training, there are modules that include more in depth knowledge and practice for over thirty topics.