Thanks to all of you who called or emailed your lawmakers, signed in PRO, or testified on behalf of House Bill (HB) 2075!!! HB 2075 started House of Representatives, and passed out of committee with a 97-1 vote. It then moved to the Senate, where is was heard by the Human Services committee on 2/18.
This bill helps to ensure access to DSHS Community Service Offices (CSO) by requiring them to reopen fully and address the long waits for the call center. DSHS provides access to life saving safety-net programs and individuals and families need to be able to walk into a DSHS office and get through on the statewide call center. CSO’s closed on March 12, 2020 and reopened with limited capacity in November 2021. We have seen increases in need for benefits, and the strain on statewide call center has resulted in wait times of anywhere from an hour to an 8 hour wait, an increase in dropped calls. The bill has gone through some amendments, but still requires that offices reopen.
Take Action Tuesdays – Commit to taking action EVERY WEEK and to helping others do the same
Take Action Tuesday at 2pm: Join us every Tuesday at 2pm to hear highlights on the legislative session, ask questions about the legislative process, participate in quick and easy collective action.
- Link to find out who represents you in Olympia! https://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/
Email your district to Maggie
- Put 1-800-562-6000 State Legislative Hotline in your phone
- Everyone: sign up for Action Alerts
- Providers, advocates, folx with personal experience: sign up for Homeless Service & Housing Network
- Twitter @Homeless2Housed
Member Updates & Announcements
- Thanks to Peer Kent for providing us with an overview of their program. Services include peer coaching, peer support groups, resources, and referrals. Contact them to learn about where they are located and how to refer to their program.
- United Indians of All Tribes is hiring! They have openings for Rapid Rehousing Case Manager & Crisis Housing Case Manager, Admin Assistant and Youth Advocate.
- King County Jobs & Housing Program Hiring Event 2/24 from 1-5pm for the King County Elections Office.
Register for the March 17th General Membership Meeting