Physical distancing does not preclude social connection. From Zoom birthday parties to online yoga classes, people across the world have come up with creative ways for us to stay enriched and entertained while staying home and healthy. The Coalition believes that it is important to take time to re-energize and that joy and humor are essential tools in the fight against coronavirus. We have compiled a short list of fun ideas to share with you all. We would love to add your suggestions to this list, email Jason your ideas.
Cultivating Resilience in the Time of Coronavirus Webinar series every Friday from 1-2:30 p.m. Starting on May 8, ending on May 29.
The Seattle Community Policy Commission offers you a free resource designed to share tools for collectively navigating this emergency. They’ve partnered with Diana Mena of Esperanza Counseling and Consulting to lead a weekly webinar series called Cultivating Resilience in the Time of Coronavirus. This four-week webinar series will focus on cultivating awareness, crisis and the nervous system, a holistic overview of trauma, and cultivating trauma informed responses and resilience.
Register for Cultivating Resilience in the Time of Coronavirus here!
Webinars will be every Friday from 1pm-2:30pm – starting on May 8th and ending May 29th. These will include a one-hour presentation and a thirty-minute facilitated conversation where people will be able to share their thoughts, concerns, and questions.
Feel free to share this invitation. We encourage you, your staff, and anyone else you think may benefit from this series to participate. Registration is required, and you can do so by clicking here. While you are welcome to attend all four session, you are not required to. If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to email us at Roxana.Garcia@Seattle.gov.
Go on a Virtual Adventure at One of These Exciting Locations
- A US National Park
- The San Diego Zoo
- The Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Shakespeare’s Globe Theater
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- The NASA Space Center
Dress up and Stay in: Attend a Free Virtual Performance
- Attend a Performance of The Seattle Symphony
- Watch the Metropolitan Opera on your couch
- Catch a jazz show, kids concert or ballet performance at The Lincoln Center
- Quarantuning: A Collection of Virtual Music Offerings from Vulture
- What HiFi streaming recommendations, from Radiohead to Janelle Monae to Neil Young
- Browse a variety of virtual concerts through StageIt
Stay Home Stay Active
- Join a Local Virtual Dance Party Through Dance Church
- A list of free online yoga classes and workout plans, With a YouTube Playlist to get you Started
- Free workout classes through the YMCA
- Create your own Guided Walking Tour of Seattle
- Ground Yourself with Free Guided Meditation
Throw a Themed Virtual Party with Friends
- Watch Movies and TV Shows Together with Netflix Party
- Play Virtual Games: Card Games, Pictionary, Scattergories and More
- Host a Virtual Murder Mystery Party , See These Tips for Inspiration
- Throw A Virtual Diner Party