Thank you to the 100+ people who filled the room for our June 15 General Membership Meeting! It was an important agenda (click here to view): a presentation and discussion about Seattle’s Homelessness Services RFP with Catherine Lester, Director of Seattle’s Human Services Department, as well as a Coordinated Entry for All Listening Session with Mark Ellerbrook, Regional Housing and Community Development Manager with King County Department of Community and Human Services. Handouts and materials related to these presentations are at the bottom of this post.
We shared timely information about State (ESHB 1570 & Budget) and County (Veterans, Seniors, and Human Services Levy) Advocacy priorities as well as the Coalition’s Voter Registration work. Please follow up on the Action Alert below!
Did you fill our our Voter Registration & Candidate Questionnaire survey? If not, click here to let us know what information you want people running for elected office to know about homelessness, plus, information about voter registration work at your organization.
Take Action Today!
There are crucial issues before King County Council and the State Legislature —
Lawmakers need to hear YOUR voice!
Veterans, Seniors, and Human Services Levy Renewal: Let King County Councilmembers hear from YOU as they decide whether to increase (yes!) or reduce (no!) Executive Constantine’s recommended funding package and put the levy before voters this November.
Send a personalized note to County Councilmembers: Renew and extend the Vets, Seniors, and Human Services Levy. Help close the gap between what people in our community need and deserve, and what we are providing. Build on Executive Constantine’s proposal to ensure robust continued support for helping veterans, families, and seniors across King County.
- Online Action: tinyurl.com/speakupVSHSL
- Call your King County Councilmember
The State Legislature is currently in special session as they determine which programs to fund in the State’s budget. Contact your State Senator & Representatives! Message: PASS ESHB 1570 (WA Housing Opportunities Act), fully fund the Housing Trust Fund, raise new revenue, and fund HEN, ABD, SSI facilitation, and TANF!
- Online Action: wliha.org/special-session-action
- Call your Senator and two Representatives
Plus: Voter Registration important dates:
- Wednesday June 21 at 5pm: Voter Registration Training for volunteers and staff at organizations who want to take part! Location: Tukwila Library. Register for FREE training at homelessinfo.org
- Coalition Voter Registration Drive: Monday, June 26 – Monday, July 3
- Deadline to register for August 1 Primary Election: Monday, July 3
- August 1: Primary Election
City of Seattle Homelessness RFP & Pathways Home Background Documents:
- 2017 Homelessness RFP & Pathways Home Presentation Slides
- 2017 City of Seattle Homelessness One Pager
- 2016 Homeless Needs PowerPoint slides that were shared with City Council in February 2017
- 2016 Homeless Needs Assessment Report
King County CEA Listening Session Documents: